black text
THIS SITE IS A WORK RETROSPECTIVE....CLICK HERE FOR MY NEW WEBSITE

BLACK TEXT

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Shoot


The setup:


So i hired a generator, got as many actors as I could and took a heap of photos with the spinshot and digital SLR. I've also documented it in video. The idea here was to allude to the battleship potempkin's 'odessa steps' sequence, which was a pivotal point in cinematic montage. It essentially deconstructs time, condensing an entire conflict into a 7 minute scene on the steps.

This moving image is made of 28 stills merging together:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love it, especially the lit umbrella toward the end. the transitions are extremely AES+Fs Last Riot.

Choice!

missHlavac said...

why thank you Anonymous, I'm happy that you link this to AES+F as they are very influential to my work. This is just a small experiement amd by no means as epic as Last Riot- one day though!!