black text
THIS SITE IS A WORK RETROSPECTIVE....CLICK HERE FOR MY NEW WEBSITE

BLACK TEXT

Monday, May 18, 2009

Tools for the Imagination



Still loving the tiny model town at Pegasus, I decided to go one further after discovering this online tool which enables you to create your own Mike-Hunter-styles miniatures.
Tilt-shift miniature faking is a process in which a photograph of a life-size location or object is manipulated so that it looks like a photograph of a miniature scale model. By distorting the focus of the photo, you can simulate the shallow depth of field normally associated with macro lenses making the scene seem tiny and model-like.
My ones aren't too exciting yet, I just used a couple of snapshots I had already. If you have the right image, it can look quite convincing.





Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

2 comments:

Robert Nagy said...

Hey Em, I'm so glad you found the faux-miniatures machine on the internets: I stumbled across it a while back too (I think it was featured on BoingBoing). If I had any presence of mind I would have sent it your way.
Anyway, I love your work, keep it up!

missHlavac said...

thanks corey, glad you checked out my blog. mucho gracias!