black text
THIS SITE IS A WORK RETROSPECTIVE....CLICK HERE FOR MY NEW WEBSITE

BLACK TEXT

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Construction worker

Today I have sawn, sanded, drilled, nailed, lifted, stapled, measured, leveled, broken and fixed. Still too scared to take the full backing paper off until it is absolutely necessary, I got the first glimpse of about 1/8th of my work at 1am this morning.

Issues at this stage:
*Costly and time consumingly beautiful 6mm clear acrylic frame for prints didn't work as planned, so had to be constructed from timber, then covered in black fabric for a nice finish, but this works even better!
*Realized that white walls may not work. so tomorrow the walls might have to go black.
*Vinyl lettering has to go outside the room since most people can't read in the dark.
*Fluid isn't open on the weekends for coffee

But thanks to my amazing team of helpers- John for the main wall structure, Jude for showing me everything I now know about building stuff and breaking router bits, Tim and the flatmates for the pizza and D'Arcy for the lettering even though she's insanely busy and its a saturday.

The main framework going up

Lightbox testing

Cutting the timber for the frame to hold images

Wrapping frame sides in black fabric

Single image test with backing still on



I'm looking forward to tomorrow already(and REALLY should get to bed!)

p.s.. also coming along- my NEW blog site! and business cards)

2 comments:

Tim Nixon said...

Wow this really is coming together beautifully, will have to come visit in a bit, cant wait to see it finished!

Ashleigh Inglis said...

You're amazing Em!! Brings a wee tear to my eye, i'm so proud.