black text
THIS SITE IS A WORK RETROSPECTIVE....CLICK HERE FOR MY NEW WEBSITE

BLACK TEXT

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Scaling down the big ideas

So things are on track at the moment, I have obtained the x-ray light boxes and have started to test print on adhesive backed transparency which will then be stuck on 3mm acrylic. I put out a proposal for funding which had its closure date on the 12th October, and I managed to gain enough sponsorship to cover all my costs. The price of the acrylic is higher than what I set aside for the initial PVC clear film, though I have been able to save costs in other areas (donation of light boxes from the hospital etc).

Things to do now:
-Print final images
-Attach to acrylic backing
-Plan and do scale model of wall to embed work in
-Source material to build wall and helpers who know how to use hammers
-Safety check all electronics
-Consider soundtrack?


scale plan of four light boxes and layout

Measurements of back wall of site space. The green indicates the wall I will construct to house the light boxes and images on acrylic. It frames the image, overlapping the edges slightly.

1 comment:

The Hidden Dog said...

Hey Em!
Hell yes this looks so good. Your sweet diagram is cool haha i like that on its own. What are you scaling down though? i like and am jealous of the fact that your doing like a construction/installation. I feel kinda silly having just prints on a wall for my culmination of art school hahaha.
Yea i was wondering about the soundtrack thing cos you havnt mentioned much about it recently? what are your thoughts, what do you want to have as the sound?
good shit though!