black text
THIS SITE IS A WORK RETROSPECTIVE....CLICK HERE FOR MY NEW WEBSITE

BLACK TEXT

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to the Box

As a continuation of my layered light box (below left), over the past month or so I have been very interested in the idea of creating a three-dimensional space which will engage the viewer, making them feel as though they are actually in the image. I feel pictures on a wall are not enough right now, in a world where technology is advancing towards multi-dimensional viewing. Viewing, in this sense, can become an experience. This in turn also places emphasis on time and space.
After researching, and exploring stereoscopic photography, I have come to the conclusion that this is a new path altogether which I will engage with in the near future.
For now though, I will continue to work with my lightbox + layered transparencies to create a work for the end of the year which is thoroughly realised.
In relation to this I am also considering the projection of a moving image sequence onto a temporal surface, such as mist, dust, fog etc, in order to highlight the illusional characteristic of the cinema, and create an environment which viewers will freely move through.

1 comment:

Wild Oscar said...

I love your blog... except when I'm trying to write!!

So distracting... in the best kind of way. I have also been staring cross eyed at cats on youtube.

Have you looked at the O Pioneers Levi commercial yet? You should, it's a pretty powerful wee bit of film making.