black text
THIS SITE IS A WORK RETROSPECTIVE....CLICK HERE FOR MY NEW WEBSITE

BLACK TEXT

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Matrix, Reprinted?

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

A couple of weeks ago I bought this reel of film from a guy at the Radio one market day.. he said it was a trailer for a Matrix film, and he gave it to me for $2.
I don't know why, but I knew I had to have it.
I saw in this giant roll of film, the endless possibilities to play with and feed my obsession with the collision between photography and cinema.



-Seeing a movement broken down into single frames is fascinating.. something which can be then seen as a static image, or a photographic still. I could print individual frames...

-The positive transparency of the film seems to eminate a glow, unlike negative film, and the colours are luminescent even from the first quick scan.

<--- This here is what a fade transition looks like on film! The gradient seems so gradual, yet it takes about 12 frames to complete a full fade to black.
-It also illustrates the action, each frame a fragment of a second, though when i scanned in individual frames i could see motion blur.

-An exploration in progress!

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my....it's wonderful! i'm such a sci-fi geek though...
i'm sure there's a way you can work with it...
;-)

missHlavac said...

i'm pretty excited about the possibilities too! sci-fi-geeks at-heart club forever! :p